Emissions from cars and power plants are major contributors to air pollution, which can cause burning eyes and nose, itchy throat and problems breathing
........suggests how you can use less energy, helping to cut down on air pollution and the creation of greenhouse gases
- If you use incandescent light bulbs, swap them for compact fluorescents.
- When you're not using lights or appliances, turn them off.
- Recycle and reuse materials whenever you can.
- Choose Energy Star appliances.
- Buy vehicles that get good fuel economy and have low emissions.
- Walk, ride your bike, take public transportation or carpool.